Hello Lovely People,
Well I was super chaffed and super surprised when I was first nominated for this award by A Beauty Obsession a little while back. You can read my first answers and nominations here. I never really thought anyone would read my humble little blog, but I am so excited ( and again super surprised!) to have been nominated again by the beauties at Lipsticks and Coffee and The Life and Lies Of Sarah. They all have wonderful blogs, which I love reading and if you haven’t already please check them out!!
I didn’t know much about these awards the first time I did it, but they are a great way to promote new beauty blogs and to get your blog out there as well. I love discovering new blogs through this award! Lipsticks & Coffee was one of them and there have been so many more. So if you are a new blogger (like me!) I really encourage you to answer the questions, check out new blogs and nominate others.
First up my questions from the wonderful Fatima at Lipsticks and Coffee:
1. Describe the place you usually blog from.
I blog from my desk in the study. My desk looks out the window onto my garden. Which is really more weeds than actual garden, but I have a nice view of the sky and cheers me up if it’s a sunny day. I try and have fresh flowers on my desk and a few little trinkets. I don’t like it being cluttered though!
2. Do your friends/family know about your blog?
My family don’t, but a small number of supportive friends do.
3. Tell us a little about your blog title!
I took a little while to think of something that I liked and felt suited me. I do have a favourite green beanie that I wear all the time, so that is where that comes from! I wanted something light hearted. Yes I am wearing my beanie now 🙂
4. Would you rather read a book or watch a TV show/Movie?
While I enjoy all these things, I am a big reader. I love books and would choose them over tv shows or movies, especially a really good one. I read all sorts of things too.
5. What is the last thing you purchased?
Sadly, cold and flu tablets 😦 Beauty products wise the last thing I purchased was some bath products from Lush.
6. What is the longest you can go without the internet?
Well at least a day, I think. It would depend on what I was doing though. If I was away on holiday somewhere without internet I think I would manage ok. I would definitely need a fix as soon as I got back to civilization though!
7. Are you a morning person?
No. Not really. I want to be though, because once I am up (I have to be up early for work usually) I like being up doing things and I generally get more done in a day. It’s also nice if it is a beautiful day!
8. How often to you take selfies?
Not very! I’m not really confident enough or happy enough with myself most of the time. I’m much happier being behind the camera
9. What product is high on your wish list?
Ooh…. so many. At the moment the Clinique CC cream and all the stuff I can’t get here in OZ!!! (Dying to go to Sephora)
10. Do you know the difference between elicit and illicit?
Yes I do. Which honestly did surprise me. Elicit being to evoke or draw out a response from someone and illicit is something illegal.
11. What are some of the things you are passionate about?
Baking, Travel, Beauty, Fashion, Writing, Art, Food, Wine, Beer and my family & friends.
Now the questions from the lovely Sarah:
1. What’s your favourite sweet treat?
That is a hard question…. my fav healthy sweet treat is Dates with Choc Coconut spread. So yum. On the not so healthy side….hmm….chocolate. Just Chocolate.
2. If you could only have a handbag or a purse/wallet what would it be?
I think it would have to be a handbag. I have so much crap that I carry around! Plus I would probably miss place the purse eventually!
3. Most embarrassing make up mishap?
It probably happened when I was a teenager and I have since blocked it out 🙂 I’m not really sure to be honest. Although I had a spray tan done once which looked god awful! Never again!
4. Lipstick or Lip-gloss?
Lipstick. I find it is more versatile and I prefer a matte look to something really glossy.
5. What is the best book you have read?
Ooh. Well I am a big reader and love books (I also work in a bookstore) so there is probably a few that fit the bill. The George RR Martin books are really good. I loved Harry Potter series and I am constantly re-reading them. I am also a big fan or Jane Austin, Charlotte Bronte & Elizabeth Gaskell. The Kite Runner was another really good one, The Hunger Games….see I could just go on and on…
6. Do you have any strange talents/quirks?
LOL, probably lots of strange quirks. I can always find the best parking spot. That’s a talent.
7. You can only have ONE item of make up for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Mascara. Definitely mascara.
8. High Heels or Flats?
Flats. I’m on my feet all day usually and heels don’t work well for that!
9. If you could go on a trip, but had to choose between countryside cottage or city hotel which would it be?
It would be a city hotel. It sounds weird, but I find being in the city very uplifting and re-energizing! So much is always going on and there is so much to explore. I like country life too, but it’s the city for me.
10. What’s your favourite colour?
I like turquoise and minty/pale green coloured things. So both those colours.
11. If you had one super power what would it be?
I think I’d like the power to instantly heal myself. Like Wolverine from Xmen. It would be that or some sort of mind power.
Some random facts about me:
1. Champagne/Sparkling wine is my favourite thing to drink, although I do have an appreciation for local craft beer.
2. Autumn is my favourite season!
3. I have a serious Lush obsession.
4. I love Disney. I have all the movies and have been to the parks in California. My husband also loves Disney so yay!
5. For our first dance at our wedding, My husband and I rock n rolled danced to The Ramones “Do You Wanna Dance”.
6. As a teenager I was much more interested in horses than make up or fashion!
7. One of my all time favourite movies is “The Last Unicorn”.
8. I love to bake!
9. I cannot play guitar. I have tried many times, but I just can’t do it.
10. I love Audrey Hepburn. Her style was just classic and she was an amazing person. She is my style icon.
11. I can’t read books on planes. I can read magazines, but I just don’t seem to be able to concentrate enough to read a book.
The Liebster Award rules:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you;
- You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you;
- You must list 11 random/fun facts about yourself.
- You must pick 11 nominees with under 200 (or 2000 if you want to go with that) followers to answer your questions;
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you;
- You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated
1. BB or CC cream?
2. What’s a beauty trend that you wish you were brave enough to try?
3. What is your can’t live with out product?
4. What is your favourite go to high end and/or drugstore brand?
5. If you were a Disney princess which one would you be?
6. What is on your desk (or the place you blog from) right now?
7. The best beauty trick I know is……
8. What is your least favourite beauty product?
9. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
10. What music are you listening to?
11. What beauty product is high on your lust list?
Thanks for reading and be sure to check out the other blogs listed!!!